Select one of the radio button options to select the type of Government Entity for which you will be submitting data –Tribal, Federal, State, or Local. Your Government Entity Type must match the Employee Identification Number (EIN) associated with your FRN within the FCC Commission Registration System, unless you are a Tribe that lacks an EIN. If your entity is a state, local, or Tribal Government that is not a Broadband Service Provider and intends to submit verified Availability Data on the broadband services offered by Internet Service Providers, you must authenticate your entity as primarily responsible for mapping or tracking broadband access service for a state, unit of local government, or tribe. To authenticate your entity, follow the two-step authentication process set forth in this public notice: https://www.fcc.gov/document/guidance-issued-government-entities-filing-verified-data-bdc. This process includes:
- Obtaining an FCC Username and a 10-digit FRN.
- Filing a letter with the FCC from the highest-ranking official in a unit of government no later than 45 days prior to the opening of a BDC filing window to authenticate the state, local, or Tribal governmental agency primarily responsible for mapping or tracking broadband availability.
Type of Data Submitting
- Broadband Availability Data-Select this option if your Entity will be uploading Availability Data in the form of polygon or location-based files.
- Bulk Challenge Data-Select this option if your Entity plans to file a Bulk Challenge.
- Data Contact Information-The Data Contact should be the person who can best answer questions from FCC staff about the data. You may always specify a different Data Contact when certifying a submission.
- Certifying Official Contact Information-Enter the default contact information for the official whose signature certifies the validity of information contained in a submission. You may specify a different certifying official contact for each submission.
- You will also be required to enter address information for the Certifying Official Contact. If necessary, select the “International Address” option to enter an address outside of the United States.
- Certifying Engineer Contact Information-Enter the default contact information for the certified professional engineer or corporate engineering officer who has direct knowledge of, or responsibility for, generating the Availability Data (and Supporting Data). This individual must certify that he or she has checked the information in the submission for accuracy and found it in accordance with the entity's ordinary course of network design and engineering.
- Note: This option will only be available for Entities that request to submit Broadband Availability Data. You can enter different names for each contact, or use the same information in multiple places.
After you have completed all of the required information on the page, click the “Save” button to continue. Once the information has been saved successfully, you will automatically be redirected to the Submissions Dashboard page.