To start the Entity Information process, select “Other” from the “Select Entity Type” drop-down menu. Based on your selection, the page will display the required fields for the Entity Type. All fields must be filled out unless they are specifically marked as “optional”.
Enter the URL that your Entity uses to conduct primary business. This should be a valid domain name that ends in .com, .net, etc., and it must use a valid internet protocol (http:// or https://). If your Entity does not have a website, then click the checkbox to confirm that.
Type of Data Submitting
Select at least one of the two available reasons that your Other Entity is using the BDC system. You may also select both options.
- Broadband Availability Data - Select this option if your Entity will be uploading Availability Data in the form of polygon or location-based files.
- Bulk Challenge Data - Select this option if your Entity plans to file Challenge Data against Service Provider(s).
Note: If you are an Other Entity accessing the system for the first time, your Entity Information will be submitted to the FCC. The Commission must approve your request to submit Broadband Availability Data and/or Bulk Challenge Data in order for your Entity to have access to the Broadband Data Collection application. If your FRN is Rejected for any reason, a red banner will display on the Entity Information page notifying you of the reason for your Entity’s rejection.
Other Entities are required to submit the following information:
- Data Contact Information - The Data Contact should be able to answer questions from FCC staff about the data. You may always specify a different Data Contact when certifying a submission.
- Certifying Official Contact Information - Enter the default contact information for the official whose signature certifies the validity of information contained in a submission. You may specify a different certifying official contact for each submission.
- You will also be required to enter address information for the Certifying Official Contact. If necessary, select the “International Address” option to enter an address outside of the United States.
- Certifying Engineer Contact Information - Enter the default contact information for the certified professional engineer or corporate engineering officer who has direct knowledge of, or responsibility for, generating the Availability Data (and Supporting Data). This individual must certify that he or she has checked the information in the submission for accuracy and found it in accordance with the entity's ordinary course of network design and engineering.
- Note: This option will only be available for Entities that request to submit Broadband Availability Data.
You can enter different names for each contact, or use the same names in multiple places. After you have completed all of the required information on the page, click the “Save” button to continue.
After the information has been saved successfully, you will automatically be redirected to the Submissions Dashboard page.