If you need to revise a filing that you've submitted in the BDC system, you must decertify your data, modify the data or upload a new filing, and the recertify.
Decertifying Your Data Submission
- Go to the Submission Overview page.
- Locate the Certification box.
- Click Decertify Submission. You will have two decertification options:
- Starting from an empty filing – All submission data will clear from the system, and you will now have a “blank canvas” to start your submission again from scratch.
- Retaining the current filing data and modifying as necessary – This will allow you to keep your existing data and to modify specific pieces of the submission. Your modifications will require you to re-run Final Data Checks before returning to Certification.
Once decertified your Filing Status will be updated to Revised – In Progress on on the Submissions Dashboard, Entity Selection, and Submission Overview pages.
Recertifying Your Data Submission
After you have decertified a filing and it is in Revised – In Progress status, you can take the following steps to recertify the filing:
- Be sure that you have uploaded and entered all of the required Subscription Data (if you are a service provider), Availability Data, and Supporting Data.
- Run the Final Data Checks.
- Confirm your map data.
- Enter explanatory text for any warnings.
- Click the Certification Status Box on the Submission Overview page.
- The Certification language is the same as in your original submission. However, you must now select the reason for your recertification from the new dropdown menu.
- If you select Another reason that I’ll explain in the comment box below, you will need to enter Explanations and Comments before you can re-certify your submission.
- Click the checkbox: I hereby Certify this Data Submission.
- Click Certify Submission. The Submission Overview page will appear, and you will see a Success box, notifying you that your Data Submission is now under review. All Submission Steps will have green check marks. A green Submission Certified status will appear over Data As-Of Date on the right side of the page.
The Filing Status in the Biannual Filing Window on the Submission Overview page will now reflect your Certification status as Revised – Certified. This will also update on the Submissions Dashboard and Entity Selection pages.
Your submission within the BDC Application will be read-only. You cannot edit it unless you decertify again. You can still navigate throughout the application to view submitted data, download your data, and review your submission on a map.
The BDC application archives all certified submissions.