These are the steps to submit a filing of Fixed Wired Broadband Availability and Subscription Data in the BDC system, along with links to other resources for information on specific steps.
You can also view the Webinar on Using the BDC System and the BDC User Guide for more information.
1. Have you accessed the Fabric? If not:
a. How Broadband Service Providers Can Access the Location Fabric
b. What is the Location Fabric?
c. Fabric FAQs
2. If you don’t have one, get a Username, Password, and FRN from the FCC's Commission Registration System.
a. Commission Registration System Video Tutorials
b. Other registration issues? ULS call center (Phone: 1-877-480-3201)
3. Log into the BDC system.
a. Go to http://bdc.fcc.gov/
b. Log in using the Username and Password created in CORES: How to Log In to the BDC System Video
4. From the Entity Selection page of the BDC system, select an FRN for which you wish to submit BDC data.
a. How to Sign In and Entity Selection
b. If you don’t see your FRN, you need to ensure your FRN is associated with your CORES username: Commission Registration System Video Tutorials
5. Fill out the Entity Information page.
a. How to Complete the Entity Information Page
b. How to Complete the Entity Information Page Video
6. From the Submissions Dashboard, click Create Submission and select Biannual, or select an existing submission.
7. Prepare and upload Fixed Broadband Subscription Data:
a. How to Format Fixed Broadband Subscription Data
b. How to Submit Fixed Broadband Subscription Data Video
8. Prepare your Fixed Broadband Availability Data:
a. Fixed Availability Data Filing: Preparing for Fixed Availability Data Submissions Video
b. How to overlay a coverage area on the Fabric: Using QGIS to Create, Format, and Troubleshoot GIS Data
c. Need to match your addresses to the locations in the Fabric? Address Matching in Excel
d. Broadband Serviceable Location Fabric: An Overview for Fixed Availability Data Filers Video
e. How to Format Fixed Broadband Availability Location Lists
f. How to Format Fixed Broadband Availability Polygons
9. Upload Fixed Broadband Availability Data:
a. How to Submit Fixed Availability and Supporting Data Video
b. Submit data as a Location List or a Coverage Polygon
10. Review the map in the BDC system: How to use the Review Map Function for Availability Data
11. Encounter any error messages? Issues or Errors You May Encounter Video
12. Prepare and upload Supporting Data as required:
a. Fixed Broadband Supporting Data
b. Maximum Buffer Requirements for Wireline Fixed Availability Data
c. Supporting Data Requirements Video
d. How to Submit Fixed Availability and Supporting Data Video
13. Run the Final Data Checks:
a. Confirm your map data.
b. Provide explanations as justification for any warnings, or revise your data as needed.
14. Certify and submit your filing: BDC User Guide, Section 16
a. Certification of Certifying Engineer
15. If you need to revise your filing after submitting it (Optional): Revising a Submitted Filing